How does Solar Work?
- How does Solar Work?
How Solar Panels Work
- 1. The sun’s power provides clean energy in your home by interacting with solar modules installed on a south, east or west facing roof that is bathed in sunlight, without shade or obstructions.
- 2. The solar modules produce direct current (DC) when sunlight activates them.
- 3. An inverter changes the direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC) and it is sent to your circuit breaker and provides electric to your home.
- 4. Any power not used during the daytime is sent to the power grid, allowing you to access your system’s excess generated power at night, saving money and energy.
- 5. Excess power is returned to the power grid and is credited to your account.